01 September 2010

Tasha Tudor Day !!

So, I woke up very early on Saturday the 28th of August, 2010, because I was to host a gathering of talented craftspeople to celebrate Tasha Tudor Day!! Being the hostess, as everyone knows, one runs around like crazy getting all of the last minute stuff done. Even as people arrived I was still zooming around finishing up. But...eventually I was able to relax and enjoy the company of all those that came to share the beautiful day!!

There was lots of food as well as a table set up with Tasha Tudor books and a monitor to show her videos!!
A wonderful group of crafters...

There was lots of spinning...


and knitting...

There was also honeysuckle basket weaving...

 and some embroidery...
                          

even a few dye projects ...
(from L to R ; simmered in goldenrod for ten minutes, simmered in goldenrod for 60 minutes and soaked in black bean juice left in a glass jar in the sun for 3 days).


  

There was the showing of 'Take Joy'...
 And no Birthday Party is complete without a cake...my daughter made 'Becky's Birthday Cake' from Tasha's Cookbook. 

 


 All be told, I think it was a marvelous day!!!  Just the most wonderful, lovely, talented group of people you'd ever want to meet!!  A fitting tribute to Tasha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and opinions about my posts! I would really appreciate feedback :) -Kim