03 November 2011

When the Flowers Fade...

In the fall, after the first frost, when most of the lovely flowers have faded, we look for other types of nature to bring inside.I find it just as enjoyable to go hunting for pine cones, rose hips, and evergreen cuttings, as to cut a wildflower boquet...I recently spent a whole afternoon with Bettie Sue searching for just the right fall items to bring inside!


 Wild Rose hips make a wonderful window accent!



 Or they can be displayed in your favourite piece of pottery!

Or in a basket.

 Juniper berries are just wonderful...

 I just love the frosty blue colours!

These are absolutely gorgeous...and I have no idea what they are...

More of the same in the above picture...(I need to find out what they are).

Pine cones from a huge white pine tree!
(That's me with my grandpa in the picture behind)

Even deer antlers add a wonderful feel to a room (these are sheds found in the woods).

This is just some of what there is to find if you just go out and take a walk in the woods!
Perhaps you will be inspired :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and opinions about my posts! I would really appreciate feedback :) -Kim