03 October 2015

Rainy Day Knitting

     I usually enjoy a good cool rainy day, but today is different...I (and many, many, other folks) should be at the Fall Fiber Festival at Montpelier. Because of the amount of rain we've already had this week as well as the current conditions, the festival had to be cancelled...  :(   It was a wise decision, although very sad.  I don't usually hold a grudge against Mother Nature, but....I kinda' am at the moment! Griping won't change anything though, so I am spending the weekend knitting, combing and working on a Youtube video! All fiber related activities :)

    I am currently working on a small crescent shaped shawl using Paco-Vicuña yarn I spun from 'Forest', from Victory Farm.   It is a fairly simple pattern to knit, although you start with the bottom...and at 402 stitches to start with, it takes a while to get going. I am finally moving along now!


                        The pattern is Diamonds and Purls and is a free ravelry download.
                                       Notice my very inexpensive chart holder ;)


        I am using circular needles to knit it, but it isn't knit in the round, although from this picture, it does look like it. I am in the middle of a row and the end and beginning are next to each other so you can't see the space in between.

The pattern is starting to take shape.
 I spun a two ply yarn from hand combed top. 

 Combed fiber with some of the washed fleece just above.



  I do love this dark color. A rarer color for paco-vicuñas.

The raw fleece. 

I hope all are staying inside, dry and warm, enjoying some fibery goodness!!

-K :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and opinions about my posts! I would really appreciate feedback :) -Kim